Elephants are revered and treasured all over the world, regarded as creatures of intelligence, strength, and steadfastness. Though elephants are not native to Tibet, exchanges between various eastern countries throughout the ages means that this animal can be found the region’s art and iconography. Made by Tibetan artisans in Nepal, this stunning pendant necklace features intricate elephants carved from bone. Bright orange resin beads, metallic beads, and wood beads accompany the piece’s antique style carvings.
Beaded elephant pendant is about 4.5 inches long (with beads), 2 inches wide, and 1.5 inches deep. Necklace’s larger beads are about 0.75 to 1 inches wide. Necklace is about 30 inches long with a hook and loop closure.
- Hand carved elephant necklace
- Bone with beads of wood, metal, and resin
- Beaded pendant is about 4.5 x 2 x 1.5 inches
- Necklace’s beads are about 0.75 to 1 inch wide
- Necklace is about 30 inches long total
- Made in Nepal