African Elephant Soapstone Bookends, RedItem# LBI-ELPH-RD
- In stock, ready to ship
- USA-based fast shipping
- Ships in 1 business day from NJ
This charming elephant is a prime example of Kenyan craftsmanship. Cut from soapstone, smoothed to perfection, and hand-painted with a mottled red hue, it looks fantastic in the library, den or office. Bound rope adds organic texture and contrasting details. The soapstone used to create these bookends originates from the Tabaka Hills of Western Kenya, where the stone is known as Kisii. Tribesmen from the Kisii highlands mine the stone with hand tools and carve it using traditional methods.
Each individual bookend measures about 6.5 inches high, 3.5 inches wide, and 2.75 inches deep. With a weight of about 4 pounds each, there's plenty of heft to support even the bulkiest book collection.
- Red elephant bookends
- Handmade from Kisii soapstone
- Bookends are each 6.5 x 3.5 x .275 inches
- Each weighs about 4 pounds
- Crafted in Kenya
Orders ship from a USA-based warehouse in 1 business day.
We offer FREE STANDARD SHIPPING on orders of $50 or over within continental USA. Any exceptions will be usually displayed on the product description page. Order below $50 pay a standard shipping charge of $4.85.
For orders to Alaska, Hawaii and US Protectorates, the shipping charges are calculated based on the weight and the final destination. Orders are shipped via UPS, FedEx, DHL or USPS or another carrier of our choice. Expedited shipping is available at an extra charge determined by the weight and the final destination of the product.
We offer no-hassle returns. You may return most Cultural Elements items (unused) in original packaging. Your return package must be post-marked within 30 days from the delivery date.
Some personal use items, media, books, cards and products containing plants (including air-plants) are non-returnable. Please check product page for details about the return policy of the product you wish to return.
- Orders with Free Shipping: Full refund on your order.
- Orders with Shipping costs: Full refund on your product value. Shipping costs and additional service charges such as gift wrap are non-refundable.
Not fully satisfied with the fit? No worries. You can exchange sizes two ways:
1. Recommended Method – Because designs can sell out quickly, we recommend placing a new order for your desired size. After placing your order, you can simply return the original size for a refund.
2. Send us the unworn/unused item along with your packing slip. Write down your request for an exchange and your desired size on the slip. If the size is available, a replacement will promptly be shipped.
Got a quick product question? Send us a text at 201.637.7464 with the item number.