Black Kisii Elephant Soapstone BookendsItem# VC-386
- In stock, ready to ship
- USA-based fast shipping
- Ships in 1 business day from NJ
The soapstone used to create these majestic bookends originates from the Tabaka Hills of Western Kenya, where the stone is known as Kisii. Artisans from the Kisii highlands mine the stone using hand tools and carve it using traditional methods.
These abstract elephant bookends are a prime example of the beauty of Kenyan craftsmanship. Made from beautiful soapstone in black, they look fantastic in any library, den, or office. Etched patterns add an extra artistic touch. Pieces provide the heft to support even the bulkiest book collection.
- Black elephant bookends
- Handmade from Kisii soapstone
- Bookends are each 6.5 x 3.5 x .275 inches
- Handmade, please allow some size variations
- Crafted in Kenya
- Natural dyes, please avoid placing in direct sunlight